The Middle Earth Community Youth Center provides a safe and supervised place for any youth between the ages of 12 and 18 to gather and interact positively with their peers. Youth are able to “walk-in” during Center hours. Our Center becomes a "home away from home" for many kids, a place to go instead of "hanging out" on the street. The staff strive to provide a support system to youth who would otherwise not have one, in the hopes of intervening prior to troubled behavior.
Our comprehensive service centers provide an array of benefits to youth all in one location, including:
- special interest groups,
- leadership training,
- community service,
- crisis intervention and referral services,
- recreation (such as pool table, ping pong table, TV, VCR, stereo, exercise equipment, board and video games, arts and crafts materials, cameras, computers, sound booth equipment and a bulletin board of planned activities),
- caring and supportive adults who act as role models,
- employment readiness (teaching skills to improve marketability in the workforce),
- informal counseling, and
- life skills center (e.g. cooking, obtaining a driver’s license, financial literacy, independent living).
Download the Community Youth Centers brochure.