21st Century Community Learning Center
The 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) is a comprehensive after-school program, which supports students' academic, behavioral, emotional and social growth in an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement. The 21st CCLC program serves students in 4th through 8th grades from Bound Brook and South Bound Brook and operates 11 months out of the year.
The program provides students with opportunities in the following areas:
- academic remediation and enrichment,
- character education (such as fun and energetic activities that reinforce the six pillars of character, including respect and trust, and developing prevention skills for gangs and substance abuse),
- community service,
- cultural and artistic opportunities (such as art, culinary arts, computer technology, creative writing, environmental science, home economics, musical drama, scrapbooking, and videography),
- educational field trips (such as art museums, science centers, performing arts centers, zoos and aquariums, and local historical sites),
- family programming,
- health, nutrition, fitness and physical activity,
- on-site counseling, and
Download the 21st CCLC brochure.